Senior Planning Officer
Job Profile: Senior Planning Officer
Location: Gloucester (Some remote work available)
Pay Rate: £14 - £18 per hour
Contract: FTC Until 30th June 2019
About the Job:
Our client are currently seeking a Senior Planning Officer on an FTC from 21st January until the 30th June 2019.
You will be undertaking a senior role in dealing with strategic planning applications and taking the steps necessary to ensure compliance with planning policy and processing a case load including ‘Regulation 3’ planning applications, and/or undertaking associated monitoring and enforcement activities.
- Responsible for processing a caseload of County Matter and ‘Regulation 3’ planning applications. This will involve all elements of the planning process from pre-application consultations through to presenting reports at Planning Committee.
- To assist in the preparation of reports on development management or other related planning issues.
- Consider planning applications submitted and provide appropriate advice and recommendations including conditions to Planning Committee and senior management on these applications.
- Undertake any planning appeals and as appropriate prepare reports for, and participate in, Inquiries, Examinations in Public, Appeals, etc.
- Occasional “out of hours” (evening and weekend) duties may be required in the normal course of duties.
- The post holder may be based in Gloucester or in offices anywhere in the county, as directed.
- The post holder may be required to make site inspections in the county at short notice.
- The post holder will be required to travel throughout the county, as required, and must hold a full, valid driving licence and relevant insurance, and have the use of a suitable vehicle.
Experience and Skills Required
- Good understanding of minerals and waste planning,
- Experience of either county planning development management and/or monitoring and enforcement
- Working in partnership with external organisations.
- Negotiation with developers and other organisations.
- Experience of giving evidence to planning Inquiries, appeals or hearings.
- Good knowledge of planning legislation and policies at national and local level.
- Good report writing skills.
- Good political awareness.
- Demonstrates drive, enthusiasm and is self-motivated.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively on own or as part of a team
Education & Qualifications
- Appropriate qualification, such as a degree in a relevant subject such as planning, geography, regeneration or environment science, or substantial experience in utilising legal procedures and processes to carry out enforcement work.
- Full and valid driving licence and provision of own transport for work.
- Eligibility for Membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute (MRTPI) or equivalent institution
If this position is for you, then please get in contact with James at i2i recruitment today.
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasize any skills or work experience. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
i2i Recruitment Ltd is a leading independent employment agency providing staffing solutions across specialist areas. We are a corporate member of the REC and are dedicated to providing a professional quality of service to clients and candidates alike.