Job Profile: Facilities Officer
Pay Rate: £15 - £20 per hour
Our client are seeking a knowledgeable building professional to assist in the provision of repairs and maintenance services to numerous buildings, car parks and open spaces.
Working as a part of the asset management team the individual will provide a building surveying service to assist in the ongoing maintenance, ensuring building compliance, and contributing to the ongoing asset planning process.
Though this is a temporary contract, this is a permanent opportunity. The successful temporary worker may apply once successful.
The following are keys skills and experience required of the candidate:
- Good customer care skills. The candidate will be working with all the staff providing front line services to the public.
- Internal team working skills to liaise with team members in asset management
- Good technical knowledge across a range of building types to enable the diagnosis of building defects, and preparation of specifications and schedules of work
- Site management experience to manage works on site. Including:
- Management of health and safety
- Contractor management to ensure quality of works and adherence to budget
- Carry out pre and post inspections
- Maintain site records, and contract administration documentation
- Ensure compliance against a range of activities within the building stock. Read and understand technical documentation such as electrical or asbestos reports.
- Stock condition surveys. As time allows carry out a stock condition survey of council properties to enable forward planning
- Can do attitude with a flexible approach to get the job done
- Creative thinker. Come up with ideas and solutions to problems
- Team player, but comfortable working independently
- Experience in building surveying, specifically repairs and maintenance
- Good understanding of health and safety
- Experience of managing contractors
- IT literate, using typical Microsoft packages
- Sufficient to evidence experience and knowledge through CV and interview
If this position is for you, then please get in contact with James at i2i recruitment today.
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasize any skills or work experience. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
i2i Recruitment Ltd is a leading independent employment agency providing staffing solutions across specialist areas. We are a corporate member of the REC and are dedicated to providing a professional quality of service to clients and candidates alike.