Salary: Between £35k-£45k
My ever expanding client are seeking an experience Commodity Manager to join their dynamic team in Gloucester. This is an incredible opportunity to join an established organisation who operate on a global scale. My client are looking for an individual with a strong purchasing background and purchasing contract knowledge.
- Defining purchasing strategies for national commodities
- Managing all projects
- Monitoring supplier performance
- Proactively reviewing market developments
- Preform purchasing tenders and supplier selection committees for national contracts
- Investigate and understand the commodity spend profile
- Negotiating contracts
- Forecast and deliver cost savings
Essential Experience Required:
- Previous experience working within purchasing at a strategic level
- Negotiation of contracts is essential
- Leading and supporting a multifunctional team
- Experience working within a Shared Service Centre environment
- Knowledge of PM methodologies (Prince 2 Foundation Level)
- Knowledge of ERP systems, e.g. SAP is desirable
- Exceptional time management
- Senior stakeholder management experience
- Ability to build relationships on various levels
- Experience leading and coordinating projects
In return my client offers a fantastic working environment with a brilliant list of benefits; including a phenomenal pension scheme and free car parking!
This role will entail traveling to various sites and on some occasions, overseas.
If this position is of interest to you, then please send your CV in Word format to Ellie at i2i recruitment today for immediate consideration.
We like to speak to every application, but due to the current climate this is not always possible. To ensure your application is not overlooked it is important that you emphasize any skills or work experience relevant to this position. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have been unsuccessful in this instance.
i2i Recruitment Ltd is a leading independent employment agency providing staffing solutions across specialist areas. We are a corporate member of the REC and are dedicated to provide a professional quality of service to clients and candidates alike.